At Generation Solutions, we want to protect ourselves, our families, and each other against the flu and the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Individuals at risk of complications from flu or coronavirus are adults over 65 years of age, pregnant women, and individuals that are immunocompromised, have chronic heart, lung or kidney disease.
How can coronavirus infection & the flu be prevented?
A vaccine to prevent coronavirus infection is not currently available. People should follow these tips to help prevent respiratory illnesses of any kind:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and help young children & the elderly do the same. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Wash your hands especially after coughing and sneezing, before and after caring for an ill person, and before preparing foods and eating.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact (such as kissing or sharing cups and eating utensils) with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as toys and doorknobs, especially if someone is sick.
- Stay home when you are sick, except when you need to get medical care.
- Wash hands after animal contact and after visiting farms, markets, barns, petting zoos, and agricultural fairs.
- Avoid contact with animals who are sick.
- Avoid non-essential travel to areas affected by the coronavirus.
- Vulnerable individuals should avoid visitors that are showing symptoms or have traveled to known affected areas.
How can I learn more about coronaviruses?
- If you have concerns about coronaviruses, contact your healthcare provider.
- Call your local health department. A directory of local health departments is located at http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/local-health-districts/.
- Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/index.html.
Notify the office if you are feeling sick or have a sick family member in your home.
Generation Solutions will continue to inform you of the latest information and recommendations from the Virginia Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control.
Generation Solutions Team