Let us help you manage your parent’s care.
Many families can benefit from Geriatric Care Management. A geriatric care manager (GCM) is a professional who specializes in assisting seniors with communications between family and medical care providers.
They make sure that everyone is on the same page and that your loved one’s care is coordinated perfectly. The GCM offers professional expertise, information and compassionate support for you and your loved ones.
What does a Geriatric Care Manager do?
- Attends doctor appointments with your loved one. They keep track of medication lists and medical history, and make sure that care is perfectly coordinated between medical professionals, doctors, specialists and caregivers by communicating with all contacts.
- Helps make sure that the health care providers’ instructions are closely followed and implemented
- Acts as a liaison to families, in or out of town, by providing constant communication and alerting families to any concerns
- Provides strategies for coping with Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia
- Assists with decisions about living arrangements and all types of placement, and helps the client safely transition back home after a hospital visit or stay in a nursing home facility
- Arranges and monitors in-home help and other services needed to stay safely at home
- Monitors home maintenance and repair services to ensure safety at the home
- Conducts care-planning assessments to identify problems and develop a care plan for assistance and needed services
- Assists with bill paying, personal bookkeeping and provide notary services, while controlling costs by reducing inappropriate institutional care and overused services